Sunday, October 27, 2013

I like our Planet

Today I am struck by the immensity of this universe. In looking over NYC museum catalogs I'm in awe of human achievement. People invented pottery, sculpted marble, explored the planets, wrote great works of literature, created amazing machines, and painted masterpieces. It is beyond what any one person can fathom. From the vastness of space to the vastness of subatomic particles, history, the future, it is all rather intimidating. Makes one feel rather insignificant. And then one thinks about death, religion, faith, purpose, psychology, quantum mechanics, cosmology, astronomy, and a hand held device on which I doodle faces with electrons. This really is a cool planet! (My first blog post and drawing on my new Samsung tablet).

No comments:

Post a Comment