Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Plot

"In an essay, the track of a person's thoughts struggling to achieve 
some understanding of a problem is the plot, is the adventure." 
Michel de Montaigne.

During this trip I hope to gain greater understanding of several problems:


  1. The meaning of life (in general).
  2. The meaning of my life (specifically).
  3. Pondering the great what if: "What if my dad hadn't uprooted our east coast family of four when I was seven and drove us to the west coast (Bellevue, WA to be precise)?"
  4. How should I live, how should I invest my remaining days as a widower (my dear wife of 36 years passed away 7 weeks ago).
  5. Navigating another major life transition: moving my 89 year old mother to Florida (to live near my sister).
  6. Testing the philosophy of life I've embraced for 40 years, namely Christianity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment