Monday, December 2, 2013

Energy Management While Living Out Of A Suitcase, 12.4.13

DRAINS

Worrying that New Yorkers who cross the street in front of taxis are going to get hit.
Wonky WiFi connections, blogging on a tablet without spelcheck.
Living on junk food and missing my tofu and green smothies.
Noisy neighbors. The family on the other side of the wall in the Harlem apartment complex where I'm staying has 11 kids. I think they took up bowling 2 nights ago.
Enduring Hunger Games movie last night. I didn't get it. Why was Donald Sutherland trying to kill those nice people? And what's with the lady with the goofy hair? Is this an expose of psycho tyrants? Why? Do people really care about these characters? The sound was cool, though. Speakers in the ceiling and all around. Spoiler alert: it was dumb.

BOOSTERS

Whistling "42nd Street" while meandering down town.
Coffee.
Buying a carrying strap for my duffle bag, aka suitcase.
Making arrangements for my next train segment. I leave tomorrow for WA DC and a 3 day gander at the White House.
Giving myself permission to loaf in the library all day. I do not have unlimited capacity to absorb history, art, dumb movies, and existential issues.
Watching my blog readship spike in traffic....over 100 page views. 
Rekindling Vicki's and my passion to teach kids art.

No comments:

Post a Comment