Sunday, December 1, 2013

Goofy pix no. 8

I regret calling this collection of photos goofy.  This picture is not goofy, although putting me in the driver's seat @ age 7 is unorthodox. Anyway, here are my mom and I travelling from the east coast to Washington state. Asking "what if my dad hadn't read that National Geographic magazine with pictures of Puget Sound which inspired him to move 3000 miles away?" is as fruitless as asking why light is both wave and particle, why the arrow of time flows in one direction only, and why Newtonian physics does not work on the quantum level. It's as pointless as asking why Donald Trump can own his first New York building at age 23, why JDSalinger's NYC novel Catcher in the Rye inspired madmen to shoot Reagan, Lennon, and  Kennedy,  and why stupid conspiracy theories spread more easily than truth.

Still, one can't help but wonder about the mysteries of providence.

No comments:

Post a Comment